BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 18, 2010

Woohoo!

So I weighed myself today. If you remember correctly I started this journey at 192.4 lbs. I weighted myself today and I weight 189.2! Thats a loss of three lbs! I know its pretty fast, but I think its only because of how I've made the inital change to my caloric intake.

I know I have a long ways to go but I want to talk about how far I've come already. After Yale was discharged from the hospital the last time after his heart transplant, I came home and stepped on the scale. I was 208.9 lbs. At the time of course it bothered me, but definitely not as much then as it would now if I was still that weight. I never ever thought I would hit the 200 mark...(except maybe during a pregnancy) And there I was with a nice 10lb jump on the 200s. I don't even remember saying wow I should do something about this. I didn't even care. Wait, thats not right. of course I cared. I just didn't care enough to do anything about it. I didn't care enough to eat and live healthy, to teach my son how to be and live healthy. That was pretty rude of me to do I think. So flash forward to today and Yale is well out of poor health for a year and ahalf and NOW I've decided to try and keep him that way! And to do that, for the long term, is to teach him about eating healthy, being active, and taking care of your soul. I hope I can come back to this post if I ever get discouraged for some reason or another. Its not just about weight loss anymore. Its about getting and keeping my family heart healthy!

0 comments: