BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Non Scale Victory

A non scale victory or NSV is something that is victorious in your weight loss journey, but has nothing to do with the actual scale or your weight directly. I had one of those today.... I sold my stupid Nintendo Wii today with the help of kijiji. Sold the wii fit and balance board first to a lady. Wanted to hint at her, that it won't help her lose weight since losing weight in my opinion is 80% diet and 20% exercise... but whatever. Thanks for your money, good luck with that. Then I sold the rest of the Wii to a man who was buying it for his kids for a communion present. There you go, I can imagine they will play it WAY more than I ever did! Enjoy.
So Tyler and I pack the kids up and head out to sportschek... yup that right there should be a sign that the times, they are a changing...LOL. My first intent was to just go and buy weights. I know I need to add weight training to my workout routine, but once I got there and saw all the awesome clothes, that went out the window. I first found a nice Under Armour tank that has been marked down from 59.99 to 19.83. Yes. score :) Then I am looking at the technical running clothes. I know its going to get hot here soon and I need to invest in some shorts. Nike, Under Armour, everything is like $70 and then I come across Diadora running capris. So I grab myself a large and head to the dressing rooms to try them on.... Now an issue I have been having with running and my current pant situation is that my little apron of skin (no longer full of fat) keeps pushing them down because well.... they are just too big, and I spend the marjority of my runs, pulling my pants up.. its a great look I am sure (I don't mind though, because its proof I am shedding the poundage). So I try on the large... and they fit nicely, but I can pull the waist our a good four inches around my stomach. WTF? I think... am I really doing this, but I ask the sales girl to grab me a medium... ME! trying on a medium. Anyhoo...so I get the mediums, try them on and bam... perfect fit. Holy shit I think to myself as I am looking in the mirror.... I can NOT believe that these fit me... So now I feel great. If I could have I would have high fived the sales lady as I was handing her the too big large and walking away with my mediums. I was so happy I grab the same style only in a short short :) I am just that brave to run in shorts :) I am in a size medium after all, and not in the obese category for BMI. I have a right to rock these shorts.

The pessimist in me that I like to shush up and tell her to fuck off keeps popping into my head and telling me that diadora is probably just sized larger. I say fuck her, I'm rocking medium pants! YEAH BABY!

0 comments: